Sunday, January 6, 2013

a glimpse...

outside my window... a cold night which makes me ever grateful for our sweet, little rental house in our safe neighborhood.

i'm thankful for... generous friends who loaned us a car that would fit our family of 5 while our van's transmission was being rebuilt and for a brother of a coworker who has rebuilt transmissions for 20 years who agreed to do it AND to except payments for  his good work.

i am learning... that I haven't always been a great friend, mom, wife, daughter, sister, etc, etc. But also learning how to be better in those areas. Thank you, Jesus.

from the kitchen... my new milk frother from my MIL. It makes my foo foo creamer yummier and frothier. Duh.

i am wearing... comfy over-sized pajama pants and my summer mission trip t-shirt.

i am creating... a few things from Pinterest. Hopefully they are not Pintrocities.

i am going... to start Weight Watchers again this week. Something needs to give...preferably my weight.

i am reading... my Bible...much in the book of James. Some times I think I should cut my own tongue out. Mockingjay...it's taken me forever to get my hands on the 3rd book. Made to Crave...reading it again actually. Best "diet" book I've read EVAH.

i am hoping... to stay motivated. Period.

i am hearing...  The Biggest Loser on the TV.   I am eating a bowl of ice cream. The irony is not lost on me...

around the house... spots on my carpet, crumbs on my floor, dirt on the walls, laundry piled high, dirty dishes and bathrooms...and I wouldn't change any of it since it means my family of 5 is here, together, and healthy.

one of my favorite things... my iPad. Yes, I'm shallow like that. Best.purchase.of.2012.

a few plans for the rest of the week... basketball, basketball and more basketball thanks to 3 cute kids.  Subbing for a Bunko group. Woohoo! And I will torture myself exercise. There I said it. It's in writing. That will help, right???

a picture thought i am sharing with you...

I took this in the rain forest exhibit at California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco. God's creation is so stinkin' amazing!!!!

2 comments:

Basking in the Son said...

It is so fun reading what you have to say. I blogged lots in December, but haven't done it once yet this year. I just discovered the Lysa Terkeurst and loved her Unglued boook!

wendy said...

Just wanted to say hi. I clicked over to your blog from La Vida Dulce. I see you're in OR - I'm not too far away in Vancouver, WA. I think I need to read that book. Thanks for the suggestion!