Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I told you so.

Be warned. I'm breaking all kinds of unspoken and spoken parent/wife/husband/friend/kid rules with this title.

Be warned x 2. Serious eye candy forth coming.




I told you so.

I told you recently some of Emma's cute little 5 year old sayings. Well just the other day she was taking a shower and she asked me to close the curtain. When I did, she says, "Thank you...don't mention it." Um. Ok.... I love her.

I told you that Lincoln has a slight obsession with guitars. What? I didn't tell you that...well, I did now.
So when I realized that his swim shorts from last summer we're going to be a little too small this summer and I happened upon these at Gymboree for a really good price. I bought them. Because they're perfect. What do you think?

I told you in my twittering that a smashing rendition of the "Hallelujah Chorus" would be quite appropriate after making myself an appointment for a pedicure. I wasn't kidding. I'll spare you the before (since it had been well over a year since my last pedi), but here's the after...

Hellooooo, smoother heels and pretty toes! Even if you are freakishly long...

Bonus: I used a gift certificate from my March birthday. I didn't pay a cent. AND I got to go with my friend who bought me the certificate. Thanks Summer!

Go Cathy! It's your birthday! well, it was your birthday...

I told you that baseball is a time sucking vortex of which you should stay far, far away taking up some of our time. But Saturday marked the last game of the season, which means we actually may have a life time to do other things now.

But I also told you that I couldn't be prouder of my first year, much improved, double base hitter.

I told you how much I love this man and how, daily, I'm trying to show him that more by "dating" him.

Just in case you were wondering...it's going pretty good. Getting better every day. And if you're any kind of friend at all, you'll pretend you don't see my pastey white, flabby arm in the reflection of the hub's glasses.

I told you myself that with this...
I had gone as "edgy" as I would go with my children's hair.

But then "Field Day" happened.

There were bounce houses...
...fire hoses...
...snow cones...
...and then this...
And it's safe to say that if he didn't look quite punk rocker before, he surely does now. But I kinda liked it.

I told you that I've been weepy lately what with all the growing up that's going on around these parts. Well, Will's officially a big 2nd grader now...sigh...

...but not so big that he can't still walk hand in hand with his daddy!

And, I tell ya, that's just the way I like it.;)






8 comments:

Kristin said...

It has been awhile since I have read blogs. I got caught up tonight on your blog and loved reading all about everything! I miss you guys and hope all is well. Hey, I also love the new look of your blog.

Kristin

Carpool Queen said...

Aww - to all of it!

Amber said...

Cat...you are my kindred spirit.
And I heart you.
I told you so.

Acker Family said...

Your toes look fantastic!! Gotta love those pedi's :) And your kids-so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cath! Had to stop by your corner and see wuzup w/the fam. Very cute pics. They really do grow up too fast huh!! I HATE it. TO make it more obvious, Rick keeps saying to Angel, "Come here!" And gets real close to her & says, "this is the last day you will ever be like this!" & then hugs & birdie-kisses her. How can u not cry (or weep) after that?? :)

Gretchen said...

Leaving me with a heart of gratitude today. ;)

Wendy said...

great blog, and all so tear inducing at the end.

Hilary said...

What? All I see is a golden tan and fit arm!