Sunday, July 26, 2009

Salad & Babies

What do these two things have in common, you ask?

Well, apparently, a great deal in the eyes of my daughter.

Because they are exactly the 2 reasons that she has for not wanting to become a mommy.


"I don't want to be a mommy, because mommies eat salad and have babies and that hurts."


Which part hurts, hon? Having the babies or not being able to stomach or stay the same weight on ramen noodles, soda, bagels, Taco Bell and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups? (At least, that's what I remember eating in college when I was skinny, but still thought I was fat.) Oh that's right...BOTH.

**This message was brought to you by an adorable little dark haired, brown eyed, 5 year old beauty via her salad eating (but still not skinny), baby bearing, eye sight failing, 20 something...oh fine, 22 something (ahem ;)), frazzled, dish pan handed mama.

Think I'll go eat some salad Reese's now...

(Oh and FYI, if that's what it means to be a mommy, then sign me up and call me Lettuce.)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She needs to meet my Baby Boy. He doesn't want to get married because if you're married you have to have babies and babies are a lot of work. Or so he believes. They sound like a match made in heaven. We'd have adopted grandchildren but that would be perfectly okay with me! P.S. The fact that you're a 20-something makes me need to sigh loudly.

Gretchen said...

20-something? Lord, I could've birthed you myself.

My son, after learning about the birds and the bees in his 5th grade class seemed very agitated one night. When I asked what was wrong, he exclaimed in an angst-ridden tone, "Why can't we just cell divide???!!" I'm hoping he keeps that attitude right through high school.

Basking in the Son said...

I've decided ice cream eaten in 100degree weather does not have calories.

Amber said...

I love you.

'Nuff said.