Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Drum Roll Please!

You know those little blogger awards you see on the sidebar of some people's blogs? Well, I never thought I would be cool enough to get one;) (and truthfully, I don't know much about them anyway!)


Well, it just so happens that someone thinks I'm "all-right"! Phoebe, gave me 2 bloggy awards! Woo Hoo! My first ever! Thanks Phoebe! You need to check out her frugal blog, Cents To Get Debt-Free. It's become one of my favorites where I find encouragement in frugal living, paying down debt, etc., etc., and she's become a good "bloggin' friend" and fellow "twitterer"!



The Lemonade Award is to go to 10 bloggers who show attitude or gratitude.
(or in my own interpretation who ALSO when handed lemons, make Lemonade!)


And, the Kreativ Blogger, tells me to list 6 things that I am grateful for and pass it along to 6 other bloggers.But, I'm going to follow Phoebe's lead and instead of finding 16 bloggers, I'm going to pass both to 10 bloggers.

Before I pass these along I'll be listing 6 things I'm grateful for. Just 6? Which to choose?



  1. My Rock. The Lifter of my head. My Strength. My Provider. My Salvation. My King. My Lord. My Father. My Friend. My Redeemer. My Savior. With Him, I would be nothing. He lovingly shapes and molds me everyday. He "saves" me from myself. I owe Him my life, He gave me life, He is my Life.

  2. My husband. My best friend. My love. The one who puts up with me. The one who sees ALL my flaws and still loves me. The one who is journeying through this earthly life with me. The one who is the most wonderful daddy.

  3. My babies. I can't imagine life without any one of them. They are each special in their own way. I can't believe God has entrusted them to me. They teach ME everyday. I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living my babies you'll be.

  4. Family. They still love you when you're the most unlovely. They would do anything to help or show their love for you. They are God's chosen support system. There are not words to express what place they have in our hearts. We love you.

  5. Good friends. New, old, and renewed. How sad to go through life without the kind of friends that support you, encourage you, love you, cry with you, rejoice with you, give of themselves to you. Somewhere it's said that, "Friendship is the giving and taking of hurts...". That is so true. We love you.

  6. Those people - strangers, friends, and family - that allow God to use them to bless others. We have been showered in this lately and we are truly, forever grateful. People giving to those in need. No questions asked. We are often speechless. Just know how it has made our hearts overflow. It is appreciated.

  7. I'm putting a 7th...shhhh, don't tell:) I couldn't leave out my bloggy friends that I've "met" over these last several months. Those I actually communicate with and those that I just "visit" because they are so inspiring or funny and I know they have way too many followers to follow little ole me:) I love reading your blogs. They often bring a smile, a tear, or an inspiration. There's a reason I come back.

Now to pay these little awards forward! See someone you don't know? Visit their blog and find out why I thought they deserved an award!


Chelan @ Chelan Rene' Russ

MckMama @ My Charming Kids

Kristin @ Stepping Heavenward

N5forHim @ The Adventure

Brandi @ Brandi's Blog

Angie @ Bring The Rain

Gayle @ The Grocery Cart Challenge

Amanda @ A Thousand Words

Karyn @ A Beautiful Mess

Nikki @ Our Oh So Crazy Life...

I COULD have given this to probably 10 more people (those who already ahve blogs, I'll catch ya on the next go around). Seriously. However, some of those people don't have blogs and some are just getting started. So this is your encouragment to get movin'!

If you didn't see your name this time around, don't despair! Since, I've discovered how wonderful it is to give and receive these, I think I just might have to do this semi-regularly!


3 comments:

chelaners said...

awe! you r so sweet! i'm at the top, ta'boot! i'm the only one with my name as the blog title, weird!

anyway thank you for the award!! i'll have my acceptance speech ready in a few days.

Phoebe @ GettingFreedom said...

Wonderful things to be grateful for. God is so good!

And hey, bloggy friends are worthy of a special shout out. They're pretty great! :)

Brandi said...

Thank you for the blogger award! I just got home from vacation and will work on my blog this weekend. I can't wait to sit and look at all the other blogs that you gave awards to! But first, I have to unpack!